Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

It never occurred to me how difficult yesterday might be but it was. Last night while watching the fireworks, all I could think about was all the July 4ths from when we were kids. When we all, the Watsons, Parsons, Peavys, Boyds, Polks and who ever else showed up would be at the lake. We would spend the day swimming, skiing, eating, playing volleyball and horse shoes, riding in the boat and wake boarding (or as in our case cabinetdoor boarding) and then when it finally got dark, shooting fireworks over the lake. Mom always had a good time when we did this because she loved being with her family and friends. In my memory I could hear her laughing and I could see her with the sparklers that she always played with. Dad didn't go to the fireworks because Mom was the one who enjoyed going and he would go where ever she wanted and he didn't think he would enjoy it without her. He did spend the evening with Rae, Lou Ellen and G-mom Parsons and they seemed to have a nice time.

Dad, Rae, Darrell and I went to Colorado for vacation in June. It was not the vacation we had planned. Dad had said when we first found out that Mom was sick that we were all going to Colorado for a family vacation this year. At that time it never entered out mind that she wouldn't be here to go with us. Although the trip was wonderful, there was not a minute that went by that I didn't not think about Mom and desperately wish that she was with us. I miss her more than ever.

I took over 200 pictures and I may put some up from time to time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for coming by Finding Heaven. I pray that things will get easier for you, too. Grief is so hard and people that have not experienced deeply sometimes make you feel like you should be over it now. But, you are where you are and God knows that and it's okay.

Anonymous said...

I remember those fun 4ths- at the camphouse. One of them (1977 ?) was our first camping trip in our "new" pop up trailer - took about 6 hours to get ready to come 5 miles (?) out there...just had a ball...k

Camille Curry said...

I remember those fun filled 4th's at the lake. It weighed heavy in my mine over the 4th weekend as well. Love y'all lots! Camille