Friday, September 4, 2009

Round 3 Update

Well, so far, so good! Mom has been feeling pretty good so far. We had planned on walking today but ended up not doing so. The reason for not walking was because she had a lumbar puncture today and meds they give her knock her out some. We plan on taking our walk tomorrow. She got sick right before I left but I am hoping that it was just because she ate a heavier meal then usual. I will admit that I am a wimp. I can not stand being around others when they throw up because it nearly makes me sick. I almost lost it while I was dumping out her "chuckit" (what we call the barf bucket) in the bathroom. I made me laugh so hard because I really thought that I was going to throw up!! Plus I had to hold my nose while doing this!! Anyway, when I talked to her about 30 minutes later, she said that she still felt ok.

In the cafeteria this afternoon I ran into the Mom of a young lady we met on the first day we were at MDA. Morgan is fighting leukemia for the 3rd time. This time has been very hard on her. Her bone marrow is not coming back like it should. She was finally released from the hospital (she had been there since July 10th) but soon had to return due to dehydration. Please add Morgan and her family to your prayers. She is only 28 years old.

Well, that is all for now. Thanks a bunch for stopping by!

1 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

So thankful this round seems to be going better than #1!