Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just when you think. . . . .

you have your schedule all figured out. . . .the hospital changes up your schedule. . . .AGAIN and again and again!

Yesterday Aunt D had her stemcells harvested. They got a very good amount. Mom needed 4 million (whatever the measurement is) and they harvested 14 million (what ever the measurement is). We went this morning to do blood work so they could see if your white blood count was dropping back to normal. Well when we finally got the results they said that her wbc's were still to high and that her magnesium was low. They gave her some pills for the magnesium and said that she would need to come back tomorrow at anytime. We headed home (finally) and made it home at about 6:00 pm. Later in the evening she went down to my parents house and checked her schedule which now says that she has to be there at 7:15 AM. Instead of getting to ride back down there with us, she now has to leave at 5ish to make her appointment. I know that she is so ready to go home and I hope she gets to do that tomorrow or Thursday. Thank you Uncle T for being patient while she has been gone! And thank you Aunt D for taking this on and helping Mom. We all appreciate it and we love you so much. And to my Uncle D. . . .we love you too and are so glad that you were a match! Hopefully Aunt D will be back to "NORMAL" (?) so she can go back home and see her family.

Mom will be admitted on Monday to begin the chemo treatment she will receive before they do the transplant. The transplant is scheduled for October 15th (do not be surprised if it changes several times before that date!) and that will begin our 100 Days In H-town (maybe I should write a book and use that as the title!!!). Tomorrow we have to head back to MDA for an echocardiogram and hopefully that is the last trip until Monday (again, you never know when it will change!). Right now, Mom is still very, very weak. It is so hard to see her like that because if you know my Mom, she is like the energizer bunny. She is so frail and lately she hasn't really smiled much. I know that she is ready to start feeling better.

My grandmother P has been cooking dinner for my parents and Aunt D so at least I know that everyone is eating some good food. During the day Mom has been staying with grandmom and poor Max is having a very hard time with that because he has to stay outside and can't play with his best bud!

Please pray that all goes well with all of the upcoming events and that an apartment becomes available at just the right time so we can get Mom where she needs to be without too much drama! She will be in isolation at the longest 30 days but could be released anytime that her blood work shows that things are working like they should and we have to have a place to go (not much stress!!). My sister B and I will be staying with Mom for 2 weeks, every 2 weeks with Dad and RA staying when they can and on the weekends. B will be away from her kiddos for those 2 weeks so they will all be having some major stress in their lives so say a little prayer for them!

Some days I just feel like throwing a temper tantrum and yelling at the top of my lungs how much I want my Mommy back! I don't know how my sisters are dealing with those days because we don't have much time to talk to each other. Sometimes while I am sitting here writing I feel guilty about how I am feeling because I feel like I am being whiny (I say that this happens while writing because sometimes I really struggle with what to write or how to say something and it makes me really think. I hope that makes some sort of sense!). How do you deal with all of the emotions that seem to run the gamete every single day? (thank you for indulging me and my little rant)

Well, I think that is enough rambling for tonight. Thank you all again for everything. We feel that so many of your prayers have already been answered and we ask that you keep them coming.

PS: I am so happy that my friend Shelley's son is home for a 2 week visit. Thank you Mark for keeping us safe from harm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

You are doing a great job helping take care of your parents. Thank you for the updates. I am praying for all of you. You are relying on the Lord and he can truely handle it all for you and is.

Love you, big hug !!!
Shelley Cotten

Mrs. H. said...

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you tonight - and thanks again for little miss forgetful's Bible. ;-)

I know that this blog is to keep everyone informed of your Mom's condition and prayer needs, and we are all so thankful for it. I was just thinking as I read this post today, that not only are you fulfilling that need, but you are also getting so many thoughts written down for always that will be so very precious to all of your family in years to come when you look back over this journey. I know it is hard to get thoughts and feelings to come out the way you want them to through your typing fingers, but you are doing a great job and this journal will be a wonderful thing for your family to have.

Please tell your Mom that we are praying for her. We can't imagine how hard these days are for her, and we are inpired by her faith and bravery.

And, Giggles, keep going one day at a time sweet girl, we are all praying for you. :-)