Friday, August 14, 2009

Finished on Friday!

ROUND 2 IS OVER!!! I was able to spend the day with Mom by myself today (I love my alone time with my Mom!) so that Dad could come home and go to inservice. We didn't do much but it was nice. We did do one lap around the two leukemia pods, shared lunch (the hospital food at MDA is really good), started watching a movie and both of us ended up taking a nap (although I think she had the better sleeping position. The chair was not so comfortable!). The chemo this round has not made her sick but it has caused her to lose her taste. Nothing really tastes good to her which makes it hard to want to eat or drink but those two things are something that have to been done so she can keep up her strength. Hopefully she will be released on Sunday but has a full day of tests, the 2nd lumbar puncture for this round and then meeting with the doc. We hope that they will be able to come home after that. This go round, Dad has stayed in Mom's room. Her room is nice sized and has a murphy bed in it (if you don't know what that is, just ask). He can order food just like she can (and it isn't too overpriced) so they can have their meals at the same time instead of him having to go down to the cafeteria. She got some notes today through the MDA website from some sweet friends. I have to say, she has really enjoyed all of the cards and notes. She has gotten some of the sweetest cards from friends, family and acquaintances. My favorite part of picking up their mail is seeing who the cards are from and guessing who the ones are from that don't have names just return addresses (ok, so I am easily amused!!) Well, I guess that is enough rambling. Thank you again for stopping by and reading about Mom and how she is doing. If you have a chance, please leave a comment!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) I'll add your mom to my prayers tonight.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for all your updates...still praying you all of you! Give your mom an extra hug!!