Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 38

You know that it is going to be a long day when the nurse comes in at 5:15 and says in a cheery voice "Transport is ready to take you down for dialysis." and I respond as I am jumping out of bed trying to figure out what to wear on this early morning excursion, "Are you kidding me? At 5:15 in the morning? to which the nurse responded. . . they usually get here at 5:00 (please note that this is in the AM we are talking about). We had the same nurse that she had on Friday during the "incident" but everything went smoothly (believe that I was watching everything).

YES, that is how our day started and no, we weren't very happy about it. We got back to the
room at around 10:00. Then Mom had her skin care and then this afternoon we had photopheresis which lasts at least 3 hours. In between times we ate lunch, I finally got a shower and Mom rested some. Now we are watching The Sing Off and Mom is talking to B and the kids (which I am happy about because she hasn't talked to them in a while), she has talked to Dad and Rae.

Today has been a good day for Mom. She is thinking clearly but I think is frustrated because she can't remember some things. I ask her earlier if she remembered what we were doing on this day two years ago and she couldn't remember. That was the day I finally graduated from college. I hope that as we continue to improve, she will get her memories back. She is missing everyone and this afternoon has been kind of emotional for her. She is really wanting to be out by Christmas but we still have a long way to go. She has really put her mind to working this week. We haven't seen the therapist yet this week but Mom has been doing her exercises on her own.

I can not get across how happy I am to see my Mom talking to family on the phone and being so positive. Our mom is coming back and we owe it all to our Heavenly Father and to our family and friends who have lifted her up in prayers so many times. We are a very blessed family. Thank you is inadequate to get across how we feel about you all.

I hope you all have a great week.

0 comments: