Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 52

Today has been such a long day. At one time I wondered it you could die from boredom. This morning they did her "wound care" which takes a LONG time. Then we had a visit with the cardio pulmonary folks who wanted to see if they needed to do scope to draw fluid from Mom's lungs. No one has said "Yes, you have pneumonia" so I can't answer that question for you. She left at noon for the scope and didn't come back until 3 pm (I was beginning to think that they were going to keep her) and as soon as she got back from that they started the photophersis treatment which took well over three hours. She ate chocolate cake for dinner tonight which was her only meal of the day. They are now doing her wound care again so we can get to bed. Hopefully we will get to bed before 1 am (which is when we went to bed last night) and I hope that since she slept all day that she will be able to sleep tonight. I am exhausted and am struggling to keep my eyes open. Well, that is all for tonight.

Happy December 1st! Only 24 days until Christmas!! :)

0 comments: