Sunday, April 18, 2010

Funny Face


This is one of my favorite pictures of my parents. My Dad's father took this picture of Mom and Dad. I love the look on her face. We have seen that look many times over the years. Sure wish I could see it again.
This evening after church Dad, D and I went to Whataburger as we often do for our evening "drink". Dad pulled out before us to go by the house to put the cats up. I looked in the car as he turned the corner and truly expected to see Mom sitting there beside her. It hit so hard that it is almost a physical pain. It was an absolutely horrible feeling. I can not believe it just hits you out of the blue and hits so hard.
Thursday was a hard day but the rest of the week was ok. I even went shopping at some of our favorite stores; this was the first time that I felt like being in town and shopping. It was far from being fun but it was bearable. At least I got some good deals.
Dad has been working super hard down at the house trying to get the yard cleaned up. It looks good. I know that it has to be so hard for him working without his right-hand woman. It is still strange to go down there and her not be there. I guess strange really isn't the right word. I have to say that some days I do what I can to not go down there because it is so stinking hard. I don't know how he does it.
Well, that is all for now. I hope that you are enjoying the pictures. They are ones we scanned for the powerpoint that was played at the viewing and the funeral.
Please continue to pray for us all. We are each struggling in our own ways and can't seem to figure out how to help each other. I hope you all have a great week.

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

I am enjoying the pictures very much. And I am continuing to pray for all of you. Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your thoughts and the pictures. They remind me of the wonderful sister I will always have in my heart. As you say, it is still hard to believe she won't be there if I call or go to visit.