Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Little Things


Isn’t it interesting what things trigger memories? Today was one of those days that several little things made me think about Mom. Some made me cry and some made me smile. The first was when I was mowing the lawn. Mom told me after we bought our new lawn mower that she would give up dessert if she had to so that she could have a self-propelled (she had a wicked sweet tooth and our lawn mower is not self-propelled). I thought about that as I was mowing and wishing that I had one and knowing what she would have said when she picked me for lunch with Dad. Well, she didn’t pick me up but I did meet Dad and had a coke while he ate lunch. The second was when I took Mom’s camera to Walgreens to have a cd of the pictures made. Mom and I did that so many times. She always had so many pictures on her camera and today was no exception. There were 706 pictures on there and it took two cds. I cried as I looked through pictures that had been taken over the last year and thought about the fun Mom and I had while picking out pictures to print or waiting for them to download. This afternoon after Rae’s game, I went down to Mom and Dad’s house and when I drove up I was so sad knowing that the yard and house will never have Mom’s touch again. As I was watering Mom’s plants, I cried because she loved plants so much and I am having such a hard time keeping them alive. Well, I guess that is all for today.

0 comments: