Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Because I feel that I have had an awful attitude lately, I decided that I would list a few things that I am thankful for.

* I am thankful that I grew up in such a loving family. I had a wonderful childhood and realize how lucky I was to have that.

* I am thankful that I was able to help take care of my Mom because she has done so much for me.

* I am thankful that I had a good relationship with my Mom. We loved to spend time together.

* I am thankful for all of the important (and not so important) that my Mom shared with me.

* I am thankful that my Dad and I are closer than we have ever been (I love you Dad).

* I am thankful that Mom is no longer in pain but I miss her so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, you had a wonderful mom and I had a wonderful sister. We still have her in our hearts and memories. We can be sooooo thankful that we had her 39+
and 58+ years.
Have a fun week-end!
Love ya,
Aunt Diane

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I'm still checking in everyday and hurt for all of you as your grieving continues. I hate that it happened this way, but I've thought many times about all the days, weeks, and months that all of had with your mom when she was in the hospital. When a loved one dies suddenly (like in a car wreck) family members often have so many regrets about feeling like they should have spent more time with their loved one, should have told them they loved them more often, should have hugged them a little tighter that last time they walked out the door. I'm glad you guys don't have to deal with guilt like that. I like to think that God took your mom the way he did so that all of you would have your chance to say everything you needed to, give tight hugs, and say your many "I love yous".

Love you guys,
Holly