Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 66

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING THIS POSTED, I AM BEGINNING TO FIND OUT THAT SOME OF YOU WORRY WHEN I DON'T GET POSTS UP QUICKLY AND THAT THIS BLOG IS PART OF YOUR MORNING ROUTINE. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO AND I WILL TRY TO GET THESE UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Only got 1 1/2 hours of sleep tonight. Very tired but we had a really good day. The speech therapist came in this morning and although we were told we would be evaluated today for eating, the orders were for speech only. Of course you can't just go ahead and do the swallow test since you are in the room. So we were told we would have to wait for that until tomorrow. Not a happy Mom (or daughter). Got cleaned up and sheets changed early (for us and hospital times) and sat in the chair for about 30 minutes and earned another M&M for the door. Mom talked to Dad, Aunt D and Rocky (minister in Franklin who has taken this same journey) and then visited with a good friend Julie who came by to see us and crocheted Mom the cutest (MAROON!) hat for winter or whenever her head gets cold. I will have to get her to model all her hats because our dear friend Kathy made some really cute ones too (one is maroon and white!). Then we waited for Dad and Rae to get here. While waiting, she started throwing her stress ball at me when I wasn't looking (is there a connection there?). They finally got there around 7 and Rae and I left to get some dinner (umm, Marco's) and while we were there, Dad called and ask if I would like to sleep in my own bed tonight (at this point I was ready to sleep anywhere) because he wanted to stay with Mom and Rae needed a way home. I said yes (maybe a little too enthusiastically!). I can't remember if I had mentioned on Monday that we had only had 2 hours of sleep so we were working on 3.5 hours of sleep in two days. Mom's speech continued to improve through out the day and she was letting us know (repeatedly) that she wanted ICE CREAM. She was not happy at having to hear (repeatedly) that she had to wait until she had the swallowing test the following day. Rae and I left and got home after midnight and I getting to bed around 1:20. Can't wait for the test tomorrow.

0 comments: