Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 67

We made some headway today which is great but we still have a long way to go. This morning I woke up to my name being said out loud. Mom hasn't been talking so this was a great surprise. I ate a Hershey miniature and she mouthed that she wanted one. She is getting hungry so we hope that maybe after a visit with the speech therapist tomorrow, we can think about starting on some real food! After a bath, she got on a pink throne and rode around the entire floor. She has a fan club around here. Everywhere we went the nurses knew her. She sat in the chair for a while and we had planned on a second trip but she was just to tired. The lady who comes and plays music for the exercise group came and played her guitar and sang a couple of songs. We have also done leg exercises and will finish up arms before we go to bed. I hope that tomorrow we just keep improving. Oh, we have had the door open all day and I think that she has been planning her escape route. I ask her if she was planning and she said yes but I wouldn't tell her what vehicle I drove down here and that she didn't know where the keys are. I think that if she could, she would escape and take my chocolate with her!

UPDATE: Just wanted to let you know that she said two more words this evening. Drink was one and phone was the other.

Good night all.

0 comments: