Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 1

What a day! This morning we saw the doctor (we really like the doctor and wish that he had been our doctor the entire time but they rotate every 2 weeks) and he told us that she could go downstairs and outside. We were excited because she has been confined to the 11th floor since she entered the hospital. I ask him when she would be able to start eating fresh fruits and vegetables (something you can not do after having a transplant) and he ask what she wanted. She said apples and he told her to go ahead and eat them but wash and peel them. So I e-mailed my dad and he brought some with him when he came down. This afternoon our therapist got her into her wheelchair and we headed downstairs to the great outdoors! My mom is so very weak right now that by the time she gets into the wheelchair, she is pooped but she is a trooper and tries her hardest. Her nurse was going to be with her all weekend and she told Mom that she would get her into the wheelchair over the weekend so for the first time in a while, she will have movement out of the bed. She was nervous but I think she was proud to be able to get out and about. Oh, we also found out that they finally lifted the ban on children coming into the hospital. Yippee!!

Dad and my honey got there and visited for a while. Honey and I left and ate at our favorite restaurant (ok, maybe not favorite but it is where we almost always eat!), Marcos Mexican Cafe. As usual they sat us at the same table next to the windows. Then we headed to the apartment to finally get a good night's sleep. When we got there we found that our reserved parking spot was being used by someone else. We finally found a spot and headed in for the night. I had a good week with Mom but I am always ready to see my honey.

Hope you all had a good week.

0 comments: