Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 8 - Help Needed

Today Mom had dialysis and photopheresis and that is about it. They were having to empty her folley bag every 30 minutes because they are putting so much fluid through the line. They have gotten it down to having to empty it about once an hour. Sure do wish they could get the bladder infection cleared up. Anyway, Dad headed down tonight so B could head home early. He will be there until Monday because of the holiday on Monday.

The bloodbank from the hospital sent Dad a request and we are passing it onto our friends and family in hopes that you can help.

I am attaching a flyer for you to forward to your family and friends to see if they can come to one of our 3 locations to donate platelets. Please cc me in your emails so that if your friends have any questions they can direct them to me without having to bother you. They can call 713-792-7777 to make an appointment. We are open 7 days a week. Your wife can receive credit for each donation if they put your last name and patient number on the consent form they sign.

Thank you for helping with our plight.
Sincerely,
Shelly Schultz


I am unable to attach the flyer but here is some of the information you need. Donation of platelets takes up to 2 hours. You can not have taken ibuprofen products or aspirin within 48 hours of donation. You can donate every 2 days. 1 donation = 1 platelet dose. You only donate platelets at this time.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FLYER, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND I WILL FORWARD IT TO YOU.

Thanks,
Our family

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Pleae e-mail me the flyer (tigermathteacher@hotmail.com). I had a melanom removed about three years ago, so I doubt I am eligible to donate, but I will check!
I am thinking about the whole family.

jamie bassett