Thursday, July 30, 2009

21 Days

21 days or 3 weeks have passed since we were told that Mom had leukemia. Isn't it amazing how quickly life can be turned upside down. But this journey has really only just begun. I pray that the end is how we want it.
Mom had a rough day today. It seems that on the days she has to be at the hospital early (like an appointment at 7:00 am early) leads to a very rough day. Between having a hard time getting her medication on the right schedule, nerves, having to move at a quicker pace and tiring out easily just makes her sick. Tonight she has a portable IV because she is dehydrated. The only thing she was able to keep down today was 1/2 of a chocolate milkshake. I hope that tomorrow is better for her. There are no appointments so she will get to sleep late and can stay in her pj's if she chooses! Friday she has to have a bone marrow biopsy which is painful and she does not like having these (no one does). She was feeling a little better when I got here about 9 pm but wasn't looking forward to getting the rest of her meds down. She did, she is such a trooper.
After I got here, she went to bed and she and I spent about an hour looking at the cards I had brought from home (she enjoys all the cards. . .keep 'em coming!) and the Christmas ABC catalog. We even got a few Christmas gift ideas. I told her that she was going to have to do all her shopping by catalog this year.
She and Dad are now asleep and I will be joining the sleep world soon (hopefully I will be!). Thank you for your prayers, notes on FB, comments and cards. We all appreciate them so much. I will be here until Friday morning and then Rae will be here in the afternoon. On Saturday the Mr. and I will be back up here. Becca went home today. I think her family was ready to have her back.

Until tomorrow. . . .give those you love a hug and tell them you love them.

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Love you Tammy. Thanks for the update. Praying today is a peaceful and restful day for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you often and continuing to pray for peace, rest and strength for you all!