Friday, July 17, 2009

Good Morning - Day 2 of treatments

Day 2 of Treatments UPDATE:

Tonight Mom is starting an additional chemo. They call it the "red devil". It will take 24 hours for her to get finished with it. Please pray that this chemo will not make her too sick. So far she has been feeling good but we are afraid that might change tonight. Thank you for your prayers. Don't know if she has had her spinal tap yet. Last time I talked to her at about 4 they were getting close to doing it.

I just got off of the phone with my Mom and she sounded good. I went down to MDA yesterday and spent the day with them and I had a surprise with me! Lou Ellen went with me and Mom and Dad were both surprised to see their #4 daughter. We had a good visit but it so hard to see Mom stuck in bed with all of those bags of meds hanging around. She has already had her PICC line put in this morning and will be getting her first spinal tap with chemo sometime later today. Hopefully that won't be as bad as the bone marrow test.
Well, that is all for now. I am sure B will post more later or maybe Rae since she is going down there for a few days. Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers and concern for my Mom. She is such an amazing woman and it is so wonderful to know that so many people love her as much as we do!!

0 comments: