Saturday, October 3, 2009

Leaving on Sunday

Mom will be checking into MDA Sunday evening. The date for the transplant is October 14th which means that she (we) will be in H-town until January 21, 2010 (that is if I counted correctly). This will be hard for her because she doesn't like to be a way from home and my Dad. It will be hard on the rest of us because we are going to miss her when we aren't there and our families when we are with her. I know that we will make it but if you see us with a tear in our eye, you will know why.
The holidays are going to be very different (difficult) for us this year. I am not sure what we are going to do but I know that Bec, Rae and I will figure something out. It will be strange not seeing Mom and Dad's house all lit up for Christmas. The neighbors may think that Mom and Dad have moved!
Well, I thought that I would have more to write today but I don't. I ask that you continue to keep Mom (and the rest of us) in your prayers and the rest of us as we travel from here to the hospital and from FW to here to the hospital. If you want to send cards, continue to send them to the house until I find out something different or you can always send her a note through the hospital. I will try to get the instructions posted for that soon. Thank you for the prayers that you have already said, the kind words expressed, and the offers of help. We really appreciate everything.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Praying as your mom gets settled in today - praying for genuine peace for all of you!