Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up - Days 91, 90, 89

I don't really know what to say about this weekend. It seems to have gone pretty much the same as last week. They took Mom off of the pain medication but I am not sure how much more alert she is. When I ask her a question, she usually just stares at me and doesn't answer. This is not new, it is the same response I was getting last week. I don't know if it was like that for Dad and Rae. I guess it is still getting out of her system. She is now having some tummy problems and those aren't fun to deal with when you are feeling ok but even worse when you feel bad. She still has sores in the back of her mouth that are hurting so she isn't drinking or eating.

She has a new doctor starting tomorrow (I don't know if I mentioned this before but the doctors change every two weeks). I think that I am going to have to start asking lots of questions. Tomorrow will be day 12 after the transplant and we still haven't seen any increase in white blood cells. I know that there is a range of days for that to happen but I want it to happen NOW. Ok, well tomorrow will be fine too. And yes, we are still in the two week very scary time where anything can happen. The doctor has said that she should start feeling better in a few days.

As you can see, we are not out of the woods yet. We still need your prayers like crazy to get Mom over this hump. Please pray that we are doing the things that we need to do to help her get over the hump. And please pray for the doctors and nurses.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but we did get an apartment. Yippee!

That is all I have for tonight. Please keep the prayers coming.

0 comments: