Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today is the Day - Day 100

Excited that the day is finally here but also anxious that everything works as it should. God is so good to have given doctors the knowledge to find treatments that work so well. More later.

~~~~UPDATE~~~~
When we left this evening Mom was feeling the effects of the meds and the transplant. She had gotten sick and the medication for nausea makes her jittery so then she has to have more meds to relax her. She was dozing right before we left so hopefully after we were gone she got some sleep.

The transplant took less than one hour. It seems that now will be the hard part. They say that you can be sick from this for up to two weeks. That the transplant and the meds you have to take are rough on your body. Thank goodness she was feeling so much better before she had it done. We hope and pray that she is one of those people who don't have as much yuckiness as others. Some of the things she could encounter are bad mouth sores, very sore throat, vomiting, etc. Please pray for comfort should these happen. This is also a very critical time. This is the time when things can go terribly wrong.

Some of you are probably wondering how the the transplant is done. . . .well, they give it to you like you receive blood or platelets, etc. Just a drip. It looks kind of like tomato pasta sauce.
Although it seems like we have crossed a major hurdle, which we have, we still have many more to cross so we are still asking for your prayers. I will be going to H-town on Sunday and will spend the next two weeks with her. Please pray for both of us as I don't think that I handle other people being sick very well and she could be very sick.
I hope this makes sense. As you know my mind gets tangled sometimes when I am trying to get a lot of stuff out of my head and onto the blog.
Don't forget to send her a note at the hospital if you have a chance. They take her the notes every day. If you don't know how, let me know and I will get you the instructions.

3 comments:

Jim Owen said...

Please send me the instructions to leave a note for Barbara. My email is jamestravisowen@yahoo.com

Thanks, Jim and Jo Anne Owen

randarbie said...

Me too! I need instructions.

Barbie Sparks

Don Jones said...

Me also. donaldwjones@gmail.com