Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ooops! I'm Off!

Today is really day -7. I got off at the very beginning. Today was an AWESOME day! My Mom called me this evening before we left for church and she sounded FANTASTIC!! She walked three times, has been to an exercise class, was up all day, ate a Mr. Goodbar (and she said that it tasted like a Mr. Goodbar not cardboard) and was feeling really good. She sounded like Mom. It made me so happy! I know it has made my evening so much happier as I am sure it did for Bec, Rae and Dad. It has been a long time since she has sounded so chipper and so like herself. Bec visited with a lady and her husband who are there from Ohio I think. She had a stemcell transplant approximately 6 days ago and was doing well. It is so encouraging when you see others who are going through what you will soon be dealing with and see that they are doing well. This couple is a long way from home and their two young children ages 13 and 10 (I think) so say a quick prayer for them and their family that everything continues to go well and they can be reunited as a family. Well, that is all I have for tonight. My heart is bursting because Mom is feeling great. She is back on her chemo which is supposed to the worst she has had so that is a downer but hopefully it won't keep her down for long. I am really missing my Mom! She's the best and I love her bunches! It has been nice to have Dad at home even though I haven't seen much of him!

Have a great rest of the week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please call me or email me at celiagoodehaddock@yahoo.com. My niece makes pillows for people going through chemo and I'd like her to make one for Barbara. What I need from you are her favorite colors/or house colors and pictures of family. You can call me at work 979-260-9818 or my cell 979-676.2222. Many people have found these comforting while they are away from family. You can look at my niece's site www.fiberofherbeing.com I want to do this for Barbara.
Celia

Anonymous said...

Tammy, so glad to hear your mom had a good day on Wed! I pray this next round of chemo doesn't keep her down too long either! My prayers are still with you and your family! I wanted to let you know that my Uncle Al just started his journey at MD Anderson with lung cancer. My Aunt is with him there in Houston and we are praying that he gets through this. He is 76 and has been through so much! You just never think something so serious will ever affect your own family, and when it does it's just heartbreaking.