Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 115 & Day 116

Ok, so I decided to put the actual number of days that Mom has been in the hospital.



Friday: Today my Aunt D and my GMom came so Aunt D could donate platelets. When she went to donate, they tested her blood and her white blood count was too high and she couldn't. She headed back to Mom's room and we were able to spend the day together. It was really nice to have company to make the day go by faster. Mom enjoyed getting to see both of them. We were supposed to have physical therapy today (as we are supposed to do everyday) but they never showed up so Mom and I did it ourselves. I think she gets a little tired of us being there all the time. Dad and hubby got there and we left and headed to the apartment for a night's sleep on a real bed!

Saturday: This morning I went to Mom's room to give Dad his car keys and apartment keys. While I was there the doctor came in for his daily round. I will start out with the good news and continue on from there. Earlier this week Mom had a bone marrow aspiration and a chest x-ray. The bone marrow report was clear - no leukemia. The chest x-ray report showed some fluid around the lungs but that was all. Thank goodness for that. Now the not good news is that the procedure they did on Mom's bladder didn't work like it was supposed to. Yesterday her bladder started bleeding again. I don't know if I have told you what is causing this or not. The cause is a virus that anyone can carry but when your immune system is suppressed, it rears it's ugly head. Hers reared its head in the bladder and won't go away. Monday she will be going back to Memorial Herman for another evaluation. More than likely she will begin hyperberic treatments. The treatments will get pure oxygen into her body which is supposed to promote healing. We hope it helps. This will be everyday which includes a trip to Memorial Herman by ambulance, two hours in the chamber and then back to MDA. She will still have to do dialysis three days a week. The doctor said that he didn't know how long it will take to clear up. So, as you can see, we still cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Please continue to pray for Mom and that this virus clears up soon so she can get back on her feet and run, not walk out of the hospital.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just pray everyday that things will start looking up and you can all start looking forward to discharge day. I will continue to pray this prayer until this day comes. Hug each other for me.

Blessings,
Holly

Jennifer said...

Can hardly believe it has been that many days in the hospital! I know the news was discouraging but when I read your update...I just kept seeing "NO LEUKEMIA!!" Hallelujah:)