Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 126

or is it day 1,000,026? I kid you not, it seems like it is the latter. I have always known and understood that being a patient is difficult but never in my life did I realize just how hard it is to be a caregiver and none of us are even doing it full-time (but it still isn't as hard as being the patient). I honestly do not think that I could do this full-time or for an extended long-term time.

Today has been another long day. I was up at 5 am after another night of little sleep. At one point when I was up with Mom, she ask me why I was being so ornery. I just told her that I had a really good teacher. She has been very confused and disoriented and the doctor thinks that it is due to the treatment so that is one thing that is difficult to deal with. She calls out at night for my Granddad and my Granny, she talks a lot in her sleep and last night she wanted out of bed (this led to the ornery comment) and she couldn't understand why I wouldn't let her. Anyway, we went to treatment, came back to the room, rested a little, finally got dinner ordered and picked at (how do you get an adult to eat when they don't want anything?) and now we are waiting for a chest x-ray (I am writing this at 8 pm). I am hoping that she has been up enough today that we can sleep some tonight. We are getting a break tomorrow and don't have to go to the hyperbaric treatment. Yippee! But we do have dialysis and they will probably come early but if they do that, we can go to exercise class. So with all that being said, I am going to close for tonight (still waiting for the chest xray at 8:22 pm). Until then. . . . . .toodles!

0 comments: