Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 128

Mom and I finally went to sleep last night around 4:00. She was having some strange scary dreams so we were up a lot. When I wasn't helping her, I was laying in bed praying for God to heal my Mom so that she can come home. Today was a much better day than yesterday. She was coherent and she worked hard. I told her this morning that we were going to have to work and I told her what the game plan was. So, we got up and she ate some breakfast (she also ended up with a chocolate all over her and it was cold, I jinxed her by telling her to make sure she was holding it good) and she did some hand exercises (she sometimes has the shakes really bad) and sat up in the bed at a 45 degree angle or higher (usually higher). She napped a little and then went for a swallow test (which she passed), came back a napped a little more. The PT came and she did really good with her leg exercises. She was able to move her legs a lot by herself which is something she hasn't been able to do much of. Before I left this evening she had eaten some dinner and Dad was getting ready to sit her up again in the bed. I found today to be encouraging but hopes that today wasn't just a fluke. Oh, she smiled more today which was so good to see.
Sometimes when day is ending and it is time to update the blog, I just don't want to have to rehash the day or I am just so tired but I realized how important it is that I go ahead and take the time to update. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads what I write because much of the time there aren't any comments. Then my Grandmother will tell me that so and so called to see why I hadn't updated or I will talk to someone who tells me that they read everyday and are so thankful that we have the blog to keep them up on how Mom is doing and I see that even when I am tired or cranky or whatever, I still need to take the time to let you all know what is going on. So with all that being said, thank you all for your prayers, for taking time to read this blog, for your encouraging words and for being such great friends.
I talked to some friends tonight that I hadn't talked to in a long time. It was so good to hear your voices Scott & DeAnn. We love you and hope to see you soon. Thank you also for your encouraging words tonight. Sometimes you just really need to hear that other people think you are doing a good job. So thanks for calling, I needed our talk tonight.
And with all that rambling going on, that brings me to this, please keep Mom and Dad in your prayers. Mom had a good day but things can change quickly (you never know what pneumonia will do). Our love to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping up with your journey through your blog and will continue to pray for you all.

:) dianna garland

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm here. I read, I read! I think about you all and pray for you off and on every day! Keep up with the hard work, I just know it will pay off.

Love you guys,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

I keep up with you through your blog and continue to hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Rita