Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 4 - Thursday

WOW! There are no words to describe the feelings we all shared last night as over three hundred people waited in line (most for over an hour) to offer condolences, love and support to my family last night. The viewing was to be from 6 - 8, D and I got there at 5:00 and people started coming before 6:00. We finally walked out of the building and got in our car at 9:45. For most of the night, the line was out the door. We knew that there would be a lot of people but the actual number was totally amazing. To know that "OUR MOM" had touched so many lives whether it was on her own, through my Dad or through us. I know that my grandmother has to be proud of what a wonderful person her daughter was and I can only imagine how proud her dad is.

Well, that is all for now on the viewing. I have had a case of writers block this week and I see that it is still here. But, I wanted to share some things about my parents love for one another. Just things that I think are special.

Mom & Dad
* Dad always opened the car door for my Mom (he does for us too)
* Mom always took lunch to Dad at school
* Dad told us that he fell in love with Mom the first time he ever saw her
* Mom would do anything to take care of my dad
* They learned to enjoy each others hobbies
* They never argued - the made the decision not to at the beginning of their marriage
* Many people love my parents and have been helped by them in some way or another
* They both love us very much and always let us know that
* They worked well together, they were each others right hand man

Well, that is all I can remember right now. But one more thing, something that we "realized" this week as we decided where to have the viewing and funeral. It is not our current church but it is where my Mom went to church the age of 7 until the age of 48, my grandparents were some of the founding members, my granddad drew up the plans for the building, she was baptized there, my dad was baptized there, we three girls were baptized there, B met her husband there, I met my husband there, B was the last person to get married there before the big remodel and I was the first to get married there after the big remodel. My granddad's funeral was there in 94 and we recorded all the music for the service. Mom's funeral will be there and we will be using the music we recorded for part of her service.

Just thought all that was interesting. Sorry for the all over the place of this post but like I said, I have writers block this week. To find out a little more, go here.

0 comments: