Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fifteen

Two weeks and one day. . . .it still feels like a nightmare. I know I have said this several times and will probably say it many more times but it does. Since she was gone for four months, it still seems like she is at the hospital just waiting for me to come spend my week with her. Dad would have been with her this week since he is off for Spring Break. I would be with her next week.
Isn't it interesting what things you see or hear or read or smell that make you think of someone? Yesterday while shopping in Kemah I was looking at some books and saw one that I had thought about getting Mom a thousand times and never did. I had planned on giving her one when D and I finally got pregnant for her to fill out. It is the book that Grandparents write their memories in to share with their grandkids. It took my breath away because my children will never get to know their grandmother and what a special person she was. They will never get to play ball with her, spend the night with her, get wonderful hugs and kisses from her, eat her yummy brownies. That shatters my already broken heart into a million more pieces.

0 comments: