Monday, March 8, 2010

One Week

How can seven days have already passed since Mom left us? It is still hard for me to grasp the fact that my Mom is truly gone. One minute I am wondering what she is doing and the next I am thinking about all the things we will never do again. I was supposed to spend my anniversary (today) with Mom. We probably would have reminisced about the fun we had getting the church decorated and how beautiful everything was and how happy my parents were for me. Instead I took my Dad lunch, ran some errands for him, took some flowers down to his house, picked up the fresh cut flowers, picked up food at Grandmoms and then came home. Not bad but not what I wanted.
Tonight was nice though, Dad took Darrell, Rae, Lou Ellen and I out to dinner for our anniversary. We had good food and enjoyed being together. There was a hole, a missing person, someone we all miss terribly.
The weather today didn't help either. It was dreary and gross and B said it was the same in FW. I need sunshine. . . . .beautiful weather, beautiful day.

0 comments: