Friday, March 12, 2010

Eleven

This time last week, we were wrapping up a horribly long day after having had said goodbye to our Mom. The days are not any easier. It is interesting to me the different things I see that catches me off guard and makes me cry. This morning I was watching a commercial about HP printers and it made me think about the Valentine's Day card Mom made for Dad. He had talked about making a copy of it and putting it in a picture frame because it is the last thing Mom ever wrote. It was actually one of the few things she had written since July. The stupid commercial made me cry. I haven't ventured out much this week because there are too many things that remind me of Mom. When I wasn't working, we used to go eat lunch with Dad and then head to Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Kohls, the mall and several other places. I just wasn't ready to go to those places. I know that I have to start going out and doing things but this week just wasn't the time.
Have a good weekend.

0 comments: