Monday, March 15, 2010

Fourteen

Today Dad, Rae, D and I spent the day at Kemah on the boardwalk. We had a nice day. While riding the train through the park, a monarch butterfly flew between Rae and I a couple of times and then by the train for a little bit. It made me think of Mom and something that my Grandmother's cousin said to me in an e-mail the day of Mom's funeral. She wrote: As I have read your blog I have come to realize just how special each of you were to each other and Tammy that is something money does not buy, Love is the cornerstone of all families and family is a building stronger that stone, brick, or any other material, family is forever and even though Barbara left this earthly life she is still with each of you in spirit, that beautiful butterfly landing on you while in the garden will be her letting you know she is there with you, that twinkling star in the night sky will be her winking at ya, that ripple in the lake or pond on a still day will be her letting you know she is still right there looking over each of you. I felt that the butterfly was Mom letting us know that she was with us and was enjoying the day and was glad that we were enjoying being together. We did have a good day, just wished that B and her family could have been with us. And Mom of course.

0 comments: